Tuesday, November 05, 2013

A Response to "Jackleg Preachers" From Rev. V. R. Williams

Beneath the Spin * Eric L. Wattree

A Response to "Jackleg Preachers" From Rev. V. R. Williams

Rev. V. R. Williams says:
November 4, 2013 at 7:32 pm
.
Dear, dear Mr. Wattree,
.
Please do Christianity a favor and just stop. You are so wrong on sooo many levels. If you have a complaint don’t hijack the Word of God to try to validate your emotion based arguement. You’re endangering yourself and causing harm to the spiritually immature. Express your opinions without perverting the Text. Really, you’re not doing God any favors.
.
While there are ‘jack-legs’; there are also men and women of God who have committed their life to ‘going into all the world’ for no other reason but for the cause of Christ.
.
With the love of God,
Rev. V. R. Williams
******
Rev. Williams,
.
Where are they?
.
As much money as churches are taking in, and out, of the Black community, there shouldn’t be a such thing as “the hood.” What I see is a lot of big, magnificent churches in the middle of poverty, squalor, and suffering. I see a lot of talking about what God’s gonna do for you, and very little discussion about what YOU’RE going to do for the community. I see preachers riding around in big cars, and living in luxurious homes while taking 10% off the top of people’s income who can’t even afford to feed their families. I see preachers strutting around trying to be big shots, and putting very little effort into helping the people. I see preachers telling their “flock” to PRAY for God to help them feed their families, while the preacher is passing the basket to feed his.
.
Reverend, you’re a man of God, why don’t you give you’re money to the poor (like Jesus) and PRAY for God to pay your house note instead of passing the basket? Where’s your faith? And why don’t you keep your churches open during the week and use some that tithe money you pull in to hire unemployed mothers to provide affordable childcare for working mothers? You could turn your church into a full service daycare center and pre-school during the week – and in the process, you could be teaching job and parenting skills to the unemployed mothers. That would save the employed mothers in the community up to $400 a month, and more, in childcare costs. Four hundred dollars a month would go a long way toward helping working mothers to live a better life:
.
Matthew 6:1-34
.
“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. …”
.
So, Reverend, where are all these good “men and women of God who have committed their life to ‘going into all the world’ for no other reason but for the cause of Christ?” I hear a lot of preaching, testifying and advice on how the people can get into Heaven when they die, but very little public service to the people while they’re alive.
.
All I see are hypocrites praying out loud in the churches, “synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others.” And as Matthew says above, getting their reward right here on Earth.
******
.
Rev. V. R. Williams says:
.
I can’t speak for any other ministers, child of God. But as for what you asked of me … my church just conducted a coat drive, actually purchasing new coats for children. We’re only a small church, but we donated 4 times the number of our membership to a local shelter for families.
.
We save no money from what we collect. We pay our bills and conduct outreach ministries. I have a personal phone that I pay for (I take no salary) but my ministry phone is a pre-paid plan that is dependent on our finances as our outreach efforts take priority.
.
I preach and teach your very sentiments. But what I’m suggesting is you’re doing what you accuse the ungodly ‘preachers’ of doing. You’re incorrectly using the Word of God to make a point.
You sound like so many I am trying to reach; like you have been hurt by the church. Sweetie, know all churches aren’t like the jacked-up churches. All reverends, I am a female by-the-by, are not like the ones who have hurt so many that are in need of help.
.
Some of us ministers hurt with you and take responsibility for those whose use the title of God to work for Satan. But if one has eye’s to see they are responsible for what they see. God wouldn’t leave His children with out true deliverers of His Word. Pray for guidance to a true ministry and when you find it scream as loud as you can to drawn attention and the lost to it.
.
Would love to talk with you more. I pray to God you have accepted Christ as your Savior. And, please, don’t let Satan, no matter what his title or how he’s dressed, keep you from the glories that God has for you.
******
.
Wattree says:
.
Rev. Williams,
.
My apologies. If you’re doing the things that you’ve indicated, I’d like to thank you for your service and apologize for my less than respectful tone – even though I generally allow the person that I’m talking with to set the tone of the discussion, and you did kinda come at me.
.
That said, it’s very easy for me to take a disdainful tone with most preachers due to their delusional arrogance of thinking that they can speak for God, and also, their condescending presumption that anyone who doesn’t agree with their religious beliefs is some sort of heretic. After all, what we happen to believe is nothing more than an accident birth – if you’d been in Israel you’d probably be a Jew, in China or Tibet, a Buddhist, or in Iran, a Muslim. So our religion is nothing more than a reflection of what we’ve been TAUGHT to believe, it’s not the word of God, and anyone who doesn’t at least consider that fact is naive. Thus, the only way that we can know God’s will is by observing what he has done, and he made birds to fly, fish to swim, and man to think. So based on that fact, I’m certain that it wasn’t his intent for us to believe in talkin’ snakes.
.
But as a result of my attitude, many people think I’m hostile towards religion, but I’m not. I’m hostile toward ignorance. I was raised to be a Christian by loving Christians just like yourself and the ones that you referenced above. But I feel that it’s essential that we be perfectly candid regarding this issue, and many people are simply not used to that. Generally, the only people who feel free to discuss this issue with the kind of candor that I try to bring to the subject are atheists who are hostile toward all or most religion, but I’m just as adamant against atheism as I am organized religion. I believe in individual spirituality, because I have a problem with any manner of group-think. One’s spirituality should be between that person and God – period.
.
When God created man, he did his job with precision, so we don’t require a User’s Guide, or a Bible, to know right from wrong any more than birds need a map, a compass, and a calendar to know when and what direction to fly South during the winter. When me and my neighbor’s wife start making goo-goo eyes at each other, I don’t need a Bible to tell me I’m wrong. I can hear God in my head saying, “Eric, now you know what you’re thinking ain’t cool.” So I put my prurient thoughts out of my mind. And when I was a kid in church, God used to stay on my case, because I used to like to watch the women sitting in the pews in their miniskirts.
.   
So the fact is, the Bible is nothing more than a book (much like Reader's Digest) that was compiled nearly 400 years after the death of Christ by the Catholic Church. It was based on books that THEY selected, and there was a huge argument – just like what goes on in our congress today – over what books to include, and what books would be banned. So the bottom line is, the Holy Bible is the word of the Catholic Church, not the word of God, and one would think that more preachers would know that, and I think they do – at least, the one’s who are educated. Man simply uses the Bible, and similar books, as a way to make ignorant people believe that he speaks for God, and as we all know, that’s a highly lucrative gig.
******
.
Rev. V. R. Williams says:
.
Let me just say this … Never underestimate the power of the Holy Spirit and what God has predestined to be. Yes, I understand societal influence and the canonization of The Holy Writ. But what I believe goes beyond what I understand. And I love, believe, and need the Bible.
.
Luv and God bless!
******
.
Wattree says:   
November 5, 2013 at 3:07 pm
.
My pleasure, Reverend.
.
And again, thank you for your service, and keep up the good work.
.
Eric L. Wattree
.
RELATED CONTENT


 
.
Eric L. Wattree

Http://wattree.blogspot.com
Ewattree@Gmail.com
Citizens Against Reckless Middle-Class Abuse (CARMA)

Religious bigotry: It's not that I hate everyone who doesn't look, think, and act like me - it's just that God does.

Sphere: Related Content